5. Applying for the residence permit with the rights to work (employee)
After the invitation is approved, the employee shall submit his application for the residence permit. Please check below if you should submit to the OCMA regional offices or to the diplomatic representation of Latvia.
The application of the residence permit should be submitted to the regional offices of the OCMA if the foreigner:
- is a citizen of a country that does not need the visa to travel to Latvia;
- applies for the EU Blue Card;
- already has been granted the rights to employment;
- holds a valid residence permit issued in Latvia or in another Schengen Member State and it is valid at least 45 days from the day of submitting an application;
- holds a valid temporary residence permit issued in another Member State of the EU and the foreigner requests a temporary residence permit in Latvia as an employee posted within a company;
- will work in a profession included in the list of professions with significant labour shortages;
- is an intra-corporate transferee;
- applies for a start-up residence permit;
- is a sports trainer or professional sportsman.
In the all other cases you should submit the application to the diplomatic or consular representation of Latvia.
If you are a resident in a Schengen Member State, you should submit documents to the Latvian representation located in the respective country.
If you reside outside Schengen Area, please submit the application to the diplomatic or consular representation of Latvia that is not located in a Schengen Member State.
The representation of Latvia will accept the documents and send them to the OCMA for examination.
For additional information on filing the application please check the OCMA web site.
THE DECISION WILL BE MADE WITHIN 30 DAYS. YOU WILL BE INFORMED BY MAIL OR E-MAIL.